Monday, August 4, 2014

Calling Cards and Etc. from my Retreat

Hello Peeps!

I know it's been a while since I posted anything but I've been a little busy and I just came back from a fabulous 4 day retreat in Alabama. The retreat was hosted by my friend Lynne. She picked a winner this time for sure! The ladies were so much fun to be with and the food was awesome!! I'll share a few pictures with you of the retreat but mainly I wanted to share some of the calling cards from the retreat. For most of the ladies it was their first time making a Calling Card but they did fantastic job. Some even made tags.

I like to post any Calling Cards I get because so many times ladies (and gents) that attend crops for the first time have no idea what a Calling Card is or it's purpose. I know I panicked my first time having to make some. I googled and googled and could not find any information.

Calling Cards are usually 3" x 3" in size with your contact info on the back.  Basically it's kind of a get-to-know-me or remember-me token you gift to other crafters at the crop. Sometimes there is a theme chosen, by the host of the crop and sometimes it's just your creative expression.

I start with mine:
Front
 Back

Sharon's CC front (so many details)
 Sharon's CC back
Kisa's CC (done with Copics)
Debra's CC (embroidered)
Carol's CC ( 3D)
Mazie's NameTags and CC
Denean's CC (frame)
Kerry's CC and gift
Cheryl mistakenly left her CC's at home, but she came through with stickers and a gift box
 full of candy! 
Diane's CC and Tag (colored with Copics)
Terri's Tag (colored with Copics)
Rhonda gift us with Wraphia (sp) Ribbon. I have never heard of it but I love it and I used it. 


Here's our gifts from Lynne:
 T-shirt 
Gift bag
Here's a picture of the group:  Southern Style Scrappers!!
Here's my gift to the group. Wine to go Cups with our logo

Here's a picture of the Inn (backside picture from the boat dock)
And here we are on a boat ride in the Coosa River

Pool with a hot tub on the side!!  Yes we got in it!!

 Craft room
There a lot more pictures but it would take me forever to upload them here and "yes" we did do some 
crafting. lol