Monday, August 4, 2014

Calling Cards and Etc. from my Retreat

Hello Peeps!

I know it's been a while since I posted anything but I've been a little busy and I just came back from a fabulous 4 day retreat in Alabama. The retreat was hosted by my friend Lynne. She picked a winner this time for sure! The ladies were so much fun to be with and the food was awesome!! I'll share a few pictures with you of the retreat but mainly I wanted to share some of the calling cards from the retreat. For most of the ladies it was their first time making a Calling Card but they did fantastic job. Some even made tags.

I like to post any Calling Cards I get because so many times ladies (and gents) that attend crops for the first time have no idea what a Calling Card is or it's purpose. I know I panicked my first time having to make some. I googled and googled and could not find any information.

Calling Cards are usually 3" x 3" in size with your contact info on the back.  Basically it's kind of a get-to-know-me or remember-me token you gift to other crafters at the crop. Sometimes there is a theme chosen, by the host of the crop and sometimes it's just your creative expression.

I start with mine:
Front
 Back

Sharon's CC front (so many details)
 Sharon's CC back
Kisa's CC (done with Copics)
Debra's CC (embroidered)
Carol's CC ( 3D)
Mazie's NameTags and CC
Denean's CC (frame)
Kerry's CC and gift
Cheryl mistakenly left her CC's at home, but she came through with stickers and a gift box
 full of candy! 
Diane's CC and Tag (colored with Copics)
Terri's Tag (colored with Copics)
Rhonda gift us with Wraphia (sp) Ribbon. I have never heard of it but I love it and I used it. 


Here's our gifts from Lynne:
 T-shirt 
Gift bag
Here's a picture of the group:  Southern Style Scrappers!!
Here's my gift to the group. Wine to go Cups with our logo

Here's a picture of the Inn (backside picture from the boat dock)
And here we are on a boat ride in the Coosa River

Pool with a hot tub on the side!!  Yes we got in it!!

 Craft room
There a lot more pictures but it would take me forever to upload them here and "yes" we did do some 
crafting. lol

4 comments:

  1. Looks like lots and lots of FUN!!!

    And I'm wondering if I'm Southern enough to join in next time. Virginia not's that far North is it???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! It is a privilege to be apart of such a great group of ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome retreat. Great place to have it and wonderful fun goodies

    ReplyDelete