Friday, May 3, 2013

Operation Write Home

I almost forgot!!!!  Here are some cards I made for OWH (cards for soldiers) at the Circle Mania event I attended. I'm proud of myself because I actually turned in 15 cards!!!  That's a lot for me especially in one day!! We earned 1 ticket for every 5 cards we turned in.  The winning ticket got the grand prize, which was a new Cricut E2.

The goal was to get 1000 cards, we ended up with 995, but..............Annette was making 5 more cards that day to make it 1000, so we made it!!!

I also learned how to use washi tape as you can see on the cards. I think I like it. I really didn't get why people are going crazy over washi tape. I now see that it can actually make a card "pop", add color and/or depth. I'm not going to run out and buy hundreds of rolls, but I have added a few to my stash.

I also included some pictures of some of the other amazing cards turned in at Mania for OWH. I know I didn't get a shot of all of the cards, but I posted what I did.








 
 
Here are some of the other cards:
 








2 comments: