Monday, July 15, 2013

Don't Throw Out All The Junk Mail!!!


Hello peeps!!!

I literally had nothing to contribute this month to this blog post, until I was going through the mail at work and came across a piece of junk mail that sparked my interest.

The colors were so beautiful and it felt like a very smooth, heavy cardstock. I decided to keep it and see what I could come up with.

Here it is:

This is what it originally look like....junk mail!!!


Here's the back, isn't it pretty?
 
The Inside. I didn't use this for this project but I wanted to show it to you
 
So here's what I did. I cut out two squares, 1 @ 5" and 1 @ 5.25". I used a corner punch on the 5" one and glued it to the second one.

I cut the straws at 2.5" to make the candles and then I cut the "wicks' out of yellow cardstock and added red stickles for the flames.  Really simple.



I added some bling and adhered everything to a 5.25" white card base to finish.

 


I will forever be paying extra attention to the mail now!!☺
 
Thanks for looking!!!
 
 

 

5 comments:

  1. Nice job Danita. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative. Love your bling balloons. Where did you ever find those shapes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you do the best cards. Something from nothing, WTG!! B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I would have never thought to do that...awesome Danita!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! One day I'll use the junk mail I've saved. Going to take trash out now. Just trashed piles of magazines. Hope they weren't ones I wanted to for paper Lol.

    ReplyDelete