Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Sympathy Card

It seems I'm making too many of these cards lately. Again, I love making cards, I just hate the occasion. This one is for a special friend of mine whom recently lost a loved one.

I used the DCWV Glizty Glitter Stack and DCWV foiled cardstock.  The Glizty Glitter Stack is absolutely beautiful paper, but it's still on my Crappy Craft Stuff  list because  I cannot get it to cut on any of my die cut machines.  The top layer just pulls apart from the bottom layer and clogs up my blades.  I always end up re-gluing them together. I have had 2 of my friends tell me they have had good results with it so  maybe I just got a bad batch (5 stacks??), maybe!

I do L-O-V-E the foiled cardstock though. I used a background stamp with Staz-on ink for the second layer.  No smudges!!   The Cross is a die from Heartfelt Creations.

Here's a close up of the black flowers.  The were kind of dull looking to me so I glitzed them up with my black Wink of Stella Marker.
 The font!!!  I love this font! It cut out perfectly with my Cameo!
 Close up of the triple loop bow

 The inside, my favorite quote

Until the next time.......

7 comments:

  1. Stunning card, Danita. Sad occasion, but I'm sure the family will love what you created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Danita. Love how you did the bow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Where did you get that gorgeous font?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Where did you get that gorgeous font?!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card! Your bow is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a beautiful card!! sending prayers for your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card Danita. :)

    ReplyDelete