Sunday, June 21, 2015

Embroidered Key Fob

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there! I salute you today. Happy Father's Day to my wonderful husband, my Father-in-law and my Dad, Rev. L.C. Hines, who is resting in paradise.

I just learned how to do this yesterday so it's far from perfect. I had fun learning it though. It was trial and error and about 6 or 7 trashed ones but I made it through!

This is for my Father-in-law. We call him Buck! Just a little last minute something to add to his day.

Here's the link to the video by Sandra Cobb that I followed. It is short but very informative, click here.

I used the free key fob file from The Bean Stitch.  Click here for the website where you can  purchase files at a very decent price and also have a Facebook group where there are Freebies!!

The Mini Antlers can also be found for free on Boutiquefonts.com  . I used my embroidery software, Embrilliance Essentials, to merge the name to the antlers.

The Kam snaps and hardware are from MikriWorld, Love their customer service and prices!!! They also ship very fast!

The material was very, very soft so I hooped one layer of cut-away stabilizer, then added a layer of
Peltrex Ultra Firm Stabilizer between the the top layer and the backing. This made it stiffer and more suitable for wear and tear.  You can get the stabilizer for Joann's Fabrics. It's usually on sale or you can use a coupon.

Thanks for stopping by!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment