Saturday, February 15, 2020

Asian Themed Thank You Card

I was commissioned to make a special "Thank You Card" for a friend for her Asian American boss. She also wanted her boss's favorite quote on the inside.  It took me a week to come up with this design.  Lots of heat embossing and foiling.



Different view
Inside

Close up 1
Close up 2

I used a stamp set that I've had for a long time. It's called  "Alvin - Asian Themed Stamp Set". I used the cherry blossom background stamp on burgundy watercolor paper, then heat embossed it with metallic gold embossing powder.   I printed the "Thank You" with my laser printer and used my Minc machine to gold foil it. 

The lanterns Crafters Companion Chinese Lanterns and Spellbinders Dancing Lanterns cut in mirror gold cardstock and backed with black cardstock.


No comments:

Post a Comment